Structure Tech offers Home Maintenance Check-Ups to homeowners in the Twin Cities, starting at only $200. This service is offered during the months of November, December, and January.
The Home Maintenance Check-Up includes:
- The exterior of the home, including examining the roof, chimney, siding, windows, and doors
- Exterior water management–where does water go after it leaves the roof?
- All intake and exhaust terminals (dryer, bath fans, kitchen fan, HRV, combustion air, etc.)
- Exterior faucets – are they winterized?
- Sump system
- Smoke and CO alarms
- Plumbing system for leaks
- Combustion appliances
The Check-Up takes about an hour and afterward we deliver a written report with photos, similar to our home inspection reports. We also give a free subscription to HomeBinder, which is a great tool to help manage all the details of your home.
The images below show some examples of issues that we’ve identified during our home maintenance check-ups.
Disconnected downspout extensions – of the most common sources of basement water intrusion.
Clogged clothes dryer terminals – this creates a fire hazard.
Dirty air intakes
Dirty air exchangers
Expired smoke and CO alarms
Our base fee for home maintenance inspections is $200, which covers homes up to 3,000 sf. Larger homes are an additional $25 for each 1,000 sf, or portion thereof. These take approximately an hour to conduct, and we produce a written report with photos. The format is similar to our home inspection report.