This week’s question comes from a real estate agent: “Why do you price yourselves significantly higher than any other company/individual inspector I have seen in the area?”
That’s a fair question that I debated even turning into a blog post. The answer is completely self-serving, but it’s a question that people frequently ask us, so it deserves a good answer. My new initiative for blogging is to write blog posts to answer just about all of the questions that Lisa and Mindy field. Here’s the long answer about why we charge more.
We do charge a little more
It’s all about our people
- We walk roofs unless it’s unsafe to do so
- We offer free drone inspections of roofs when we can’t access the roof with a 28′ extension ladder
- We offer free infrared inspections with our home inspections
- We crawl through attics
- We use combustion analyzers on fuel burning appliances such as furnaces and boilers
- All of our inspectors carry and know how to use the best moisture meters available
- We do flood testing on tiled showers.